MirrorWeb is a fast-growing scale-up based in Manchester, and is the leading provider of website archiving for financial services and public sector entities. We help businesses improve digital oversight and compliance by creating permanent records of online communications, ensuring the digital truth is captured for generations to come.
Our cloud-native web and social archiving technology allows organisations to create permanent, immutable records of all online communications. Our leading technology is displacing the vendors of old and gaining high traction with financial services firms, ensuring regulatory requirements are met in the evolving digital landscape.
It is recognized that the world of web and social archiving is a niche area.
We work with many organizations in the public and private sector. Our clients range from National Archives to financial institutions to broadcast media. We provide high traffic web interfaces, faceted full text search, big data indexing and analytics in the cloud and multi-platform archiving capability. Our clients use our services for compliance or risk management, brand protection and maintenance of historic records.
The post has two primary responsibilities – monitoring our web crawls and providing excellent responses and solutions on our service desk.
1) Crawl Monitoring
Our reputation is built on providing high fidelity and timely crawls.
It is the responsibility of the role to:
- Monitor all web crawls currently running
- Ensure all web and social crawls are launched on schedule
- Maintain and monitor hourly checks on completed web crawls
- Undertake any necessary interventions on crawls not limited to:
- Adjusting scope
- Advising customer success management or external customers
- Forcing crawls to complete
- Updating customers via linked tickets for collaborative QA
This is the primary responsibility of our Site Reliability Engineer – but support engineers will be expected to perform this duty one day a week. Weekend cover is also provided on a rolling rota.
2) Support Desk
Our helpdesk is a source of pride – and is a single point of contact for customers (both internal and external) for all issues that arise related to MirrorWeb products.
The support engineer will follow procedure on all tickets, not limited to:
- Owning the ticket from its inception through to resolution
- Acknowledging and assigning tickets on receipt
- Triaging tickets effectively to identify core issues
- Promptly escalating to the relevant teams - i. second line in support, ii) other MirrorWeb teams
- Informing the customer of the same
- Response promptly to any customer questions or updates
- Monitor the list of open tickets and ensure updates are given to customers in good time
- Pursuing updates from other teams where required
- Resolving those tickets that are within the skillset of the engineer
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements on first response and updates are adhered to
The support engineer will, at times, join calls with customers which will be led by the Customer Success Management team. This will be to aid troubleshoot and provide technical advice.
They will also be available to provide quick answers to any questions from the Customer Success Team.
All technical skills training will be provided on the job – but an exposure to Linux and basic web tech is very desirable. If you know your way around the design of a web page – that would be fantastic.
While not a requirement, any exposure to AWS would similarly be a big bonus.
We’re in this for the journey and we want to invest in you so that you are too. It’s more about your people skills at the outset. That’s the most important skill you have.
The successful applicant will be a team player, always willing to offer support and never worrying about not understanding or knowing the answer to an issue.
You will always promptly ask for help on tickets and will ensure that customers receive timely, informative, and well-written updates straight through to ticket resolution.
You will be able to describe why a single point of contact is important for successful support.
You will have a good grasp of writing English and will be able to update customers in a professional and informative manner.
You will be keen to develop your own skill set and that of others within the team.
Your mindset will be:
- Eager to learn
- Genuinely interested in helping people
- With strong problem-solving skills
We firmly believe that the technical skills can be learned and taught – and we offer support on this. What we need from the outset are friendly, interested, and driven people who want to help our customers to achieve their aims. Nothing more, nothing less!
Weekend and Bank Holiday Crawl Monitoring
We are contracted to undertake web crawls 365 days a year. This means that an out of hours rota is in effect, for which the engineer is compensated
Frequency is dependent on the number of engineers assigned to the rota. The responsibilities for these days are to:
- Review the monitoring reports and remediate
- Undertake any interventions
- Flag issues to be reviewed the following week via the support desk
- Record time spent each day on the associated ticket
You will not be expected to do this until you've have full training on the tasks involved.
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Company Pension Scheme
- MacBook Pro and relevant Apple accessories
- Comprehensive support to learn and acquire skills
- Remote work opportunities, although some office time is required
- Annual pay reviews
- Monthly company activities
- Exposure to a Manchester scale-up with opportunity for progression
- A fantastic culture!